The Village is seeking applications to fill the vacancy of Village Clerk, as well as a vacancy on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Round Lake residents who may have an interest in serving on the Village Board or a Commission should complete the Application for Village Boards and Commissions and email to [email protected] or return the application to Village Hall, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road. The following is a summary of duties:
The position requires attendance at all meetings of the Village Board, currently scheduled for 7:00 pm on the first and third Monday of each month. The Village of Round Lake Clerk is an elected position, serving a four-year term of office.
Duties of the Village Clerk include:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees (7:00 pm, 1st and 3rd Monday), keep a full and accurate record of all proceedings, publish and maintain a record of approved minutes.
- Post minutes, audio recordings, Village Board Meetings, and other notices as required by law.
- Keep Village records, maintain files of all approved Ordinances, Resolutions and other documents as required by law in a systematic order utilizing existing filing structures for easy reference.
- Deliver to the Village President all Ordinances or Resolutions in the Clerk’s charge which are required to be approved or acted upon by the President.
- Maintain Custody and control over Village documents which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
- Maintain custody of Village Seal and affix on documents whenever required.
- Receive nominating papers and certify names of all candidates for local elections entitled to be printed on the Election Ballot.
- Notify persons elected or appointed to office and administer Oath of Office.
- Maintain a record of Elected Officials, appointed committees and commissioners, and regular employees.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the President and Board of Trustees.
In accordance with Ordinance 16-0-23, the Village Clerk shall be salaried and compensated $4,200 annually.
Planning and Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is a group of appointed citizens who guide the orderly development of the Village. The Commission prepares and amends the Village's Comprehensive Plan (which guides future land use and transportation decisions), advises on amendments to and administration of the Village's zoning ordinance
s, and reviews proposals for new development against the Plan and ordinances. The Commission is involved in the approval of requests for rezoning, special use permits, site plans, subdivisions, and other development proposals. The Commission meets at 7:00 pm on the last Tuesday of each month, as needed.